If you’re in the process of considering become a .NET developer, then there are several things you need to know about this about framework before getting started. We’ve put together some of the most common questions we’ve heard on this popular technology.
1). What is .NET?
.NET is a framework that web developers can use to create applications for the web or mobile devices. It works with several programming languages including C#, F#, and VB.NET.
2). Does .NET Only Work with Windows or PCs?
It the past. NET did only work with Windows and PCs; however, that’s all changed now with .NET Core. .NET Core is a cross-platform framework that not only works with Windows, but also works with Linux, and macOS.
What’s more, .NET Core includes tools that can be used to develop a wide range of apps including mobile, desktop, web, IoT, web, and more. It also comes with a nice set of tools including runtime, library, compiler components and more. And what’s more, this framework is open source.
3). How Does .NET Fit in with Open Source Platforms?
Microsoft has made several parts of .NET available through open source licensing. For instance, the C# compiler Roslyn was made open source under the Apache license. It’s now possible to download the code from gitHUB.
4). How Does C# Fit in with .NET?
This is a coding language that is used inside .NET, and it provides several benefits including:
- Faster speed than other languages
- Easy and simple to use
- Type safe
- Scalable as we well as updatable
- Contains a rich library
- It’s component oriented
- Structured, modern programming language
- Automatic garbage collection
- And more
5). What is Visual Studio, and How Does it Fit in with .NET?
Visual Studio is a powerful IDE (integrated development environment), which allows you to write C# or .NET programs. It allows you to edit code, and supports interface design, sever management, debugging and more.
6). How Large is the .NET Library?
The .NET library is huge and contains pre-written code. Whether you’re coding something simple or complex, you’ll find what you need in the .NET library. In fact, you can use the pre-written code, created by other developers, in your own programs. You’ll find .NET includes libraries where you can find specific code for security, encryption, and more.
7). Does .NET Include ASP.NET?
8). Is .NET Use by Many Companies?
Yes, in fact, many types of companies use .NET. These include:
- Epic Systems
- And more
9). What is .Net Used For?
.Net is used in a wide range of ways including:
- Business tools: applications can help simply business process and ensure they run smoothly. These tools can be used in various applications including management, sales, finance, marketing, and more.
- Re-design work: .NET is a great tool for helping to redesign a company’s apps when they require a re-design.
- Interoperable apps: programmers can use .NET to create apps that sync across platforms and more. This creates a consistent user experience across platforms.
- Gaming: .NET is also used in gaming applications.
- Communication: .NET can help businesses with their communication needs and is extremely popular for use with email and chat services.
- Managed code: because the code is written inside the framework, the application is more flexible.
- Cloud applications: .NET cloud apps are perfect for creating scalable cloud storage solutions.
- Internet of Things: the framework is also the perfect tool for development of apps that integrate with the IoT.
10). What are Some of the Advantages of .NET?
This framework carries several advantages including:
- Object-oriented: everything seen in the framework is an object, including what is written in the framework. You can both control and access apps, making it easier to respond to recurring events.
- Caching: it’s easy to use and is generous.
- Easy to maintain: pages are simple to write and maintain, due to the source code and HTML being together.
- Saves time: there’s no need to write code from scratch, which means you save time and time to market is also shorter.
- Easy to use: common tasks are easy within .NET.
- Feature Rich: .NET comes built with a large range of features included, which is perfect for both coders and designers.
- Consistent experience: management and monitoring of processes is done within the framework. If some process fails, a new one can be created quickly. The app will provide a consistent experience every time.
- Great community: .NET has a very large, active community of developers who are ready to help with all types of issues. In addition, there are online forums where it’s possible to find answers to questions.
- Scalability: makes is easy to develop small and large applications. It has the scalability also required to easily and quickly re-design an app for a small company that’s growing, or to meet the changing needs of a client.
11). What are the Disadvantages of Using .NET?
There’s always a downside, so here are some that you can find within this framework:
- Slower native code: managed code that’s run in .NET can be much slower than native code.
- Vendor lock-in: Microsoft developments this framework, so you’re dependent on them for any updates and future developments.
- Can be expensive: the migration of some apps to the .NET framework can be expensive.
Reasons to Choose .NET
As you can see, .NET is a great framework to use for the creation of applications. Not only is the framework free, it works across platforms, making this an excellent choice for developers who are interested in building apps for various platforms.
This technology comes with a wealth of advantages and offers a seamless framework experience. It’s fast, and easy to use. Plus, it includes a high level of security, so you can count on your application being safe. It can even encrypt/decrypt your data, as well.
.NET is a scalable, powerful solution that provides stability and consistency, which is needed in the app creation process. And it allows you to reuse objects, without having to mess with the code.
If you’d like more information about .NET, or have questions about this framework, then reach out to us. We’re looking forward to talking with you!